Book a complete eye examination today
Eye examinations are more than routine check-ups; they provide a detailed assessment of your overall eye health, which is crucial to early detection of abnormalities and prevention of vision loss. Here at McBride & McCreesh Opticians, we use the most current clinical equipment to screen for conditions such as diabetes, glaucoma, cataracts, and macular degeneration.
Our commitment to providing you with premium eyecare goes beyond our clinical expertise. From contact lenses to fashionable designer frames, we have something to suit everyone. Our team will be happy to guide you through finding your style!
Referral to an Ophthalmologist
If the optician discovers a serious problem with your eye health during your eye test, you will be referred through the NHS to the Western Trust to see an ophthalmologist.
Alternatively, you can been seen privately by Professor Julie Silvestri who runs a clinic once a month here at McBride and McCreesh practice, at a cost of £95 for a consultation. Professor Silvestri is Clinical Director and Ophthalmic Surgeon at the Royal Victoria Hospital Belfast.
Free eye test under NHS entitlement scheme
If you meet any of the following conditions, you are entitled to a free eye test:
- Over 60 years of age
- Under 18 years of age and in full-time education
- Have diabetes
- Are at risk of glaucoma or have glaucoma
- Are over the age of 40 and are a relative of a person with glaucoma
- Have a complex lens prescription
- Are certified as blind or partially sighted
If you are receiving any of the following benefits, you are entitled to a free eye test and help towards the cost of your glasses:
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
- Income Support
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- HC2 Full-Help Certificate
- HC3 Partial-Help Certificate
Book an Eye Test
Book an eye test with McBride & McCreesh Opticians today by filling out the contact form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.